Coalition of the Year Award
The Annual PA Coalition Prevention Initiative of the Year (CPIY) Award is offered by the PA Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD) and the Prevention Coalition Advisory Council of PA (PCAC) and is coordinated by EPIS at Penn State University. PCAC operates as a subcommittee of the Commonwealth Prevention Alliance (CPA).
The goal of this award is to recognize successful community coalitions that have utilized an innovative and creative primary prevention initiative/strategy to achieve strong community-level outcomes related to increasing positive youth behaviors by addressing the underlying causes. The program, practice, or environmental strategy must be part of a risk and protection focused, data-driven, decision-making process that prioritizes goals, strategies and desired outcomes.
Applications are due Friday, April 30, 2021.
(PCAC reserves the right to extend this deadline)
The Coalition of the Year Winner Receives
- One individual complimentary registration to attend the 2021 Virtual CPA Conference, consisting of the Pre-Conference Deep Dives on May 19, 26 & June 2, 9; and, the Full Conference Main Event, from June 15-17.
- A CPA membership for one year (January – December 2022), valued at $50.00
- Award presentation and recognition, at the 2021 CPA Virtual Conference
- Recognition on the CPA website and social media outlets
- A press release announcement will be sent to the local media outlets
Before nominating, please review these guidelines (below) for more details on:
- Eligibility requirements
- Required content
- Application review information
- Timeline, and more!