Welcome to the field of prevention! Here are a few things you can do to get started:
- Bookmark reliable websites such as the ones below as "favorites" so you can visit them again whenever you need information.
- While on the website, sign up for newsletters to get trustworthy information delivered to you on a regular basis.
- Follow CPA on Facebook to get daily US and PA news relevant to the field of prevention.
- Attend a regional meeting to network with other prevention professionals in your local area.
- Attend the annual CPA conference in June in State College, PA.
Check out the following web sites for more information regarding prevention, intervention, and treatment:
- Bennet Pierce Prevention Research Center
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA)
- County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania (CCAP)
- Drug Free Workplace PA
- Evidence Based Prevention & Intervention Support Center (EPIS)
- Institute for Research, Education & Training on Addictions (IRETA)
- National Family Partnership
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP)
- Operation Prevention
- Pennsylvania Association of County Drug and Alcohol Administrators (PACDAA)
- Partnership for Drug Free Kids
- Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD)
- Pennsylvania Department of Drug & Alcohol Programs (DDAP)
- Prevention Point Philadelphia
- Prevention Point Pittsburgh
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Society For Prevention Research
- Treatment Research Institute
- University of Pittsburgh Program Evaluation & Research Unit (Overdose Free PA)
Resources Suggested by Our Members
Here are more websites suggested by CPA members around the Commonwealth :
ATTENTION CPA Members: Please know our system for managing membership is in transition. To best serve you, our membership management is moving to a new system. Our goal is to be up and running by November 1, 2018. Please come back and visit our site in early November to complete your CPA Membership Registration process. Thank you in advance for your patience though this transition.