If you are a Pennsylvania resident and likely to be a layperson's first responder to an opioid overdose emergency, you may be able to receive free naloxone by mail.
For more details, go to: https://nextdistro.org/pennsylvania
Opioid overdose prevention and response training can vary, and in some cases cover the topic extensively. We encourage you to visit the educational resources page to learn more about rescue breathing, the recovery position, opioid overdose aftercare, and a host of other valuable topics at: https://nextdistro.org/pachoice
- A training video, quiz, and enrollment are available in both English and Spanish. Please choose the option that is the most comfortable for you.
- Thanks to a partnership between NEXT Harm Reduction, Prevention Point Pittsburgh, mail-based naloxone services are now available for Pennsylvania residents.
- If you are in Philadelphia, please access our Philly-specific mail-based access page.
Web sites for information regarding prevention, intervention, and treatment:
- Bennet Pierce Prevention Research Center
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA)
- County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania (CCAP)
- Drug Free Workplace PA
- Evidence Based Prevention & Intervention Support Center (EPIS)
- Institute for Research, Education & Training on Addictions (IRETA)
- National Family Partnership
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP)
- Operation Prevention
- Pennsylvania Association of County Drug and Alcohol Administrators (PACDAA)
- Partnership for Drug Free Kids
- Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD)
- Pennsylvania Department of Drug & Alcohol Programs (DDAP)
- Prevention Point Philadelphia
- Prevention Point Pittsburgh
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Society For Prevention Research
- Treatment Research Institute
- University of Pittsburgh Program Evaluation & Research Unit (Overdose Free PA)
- Pew Research Center
- Pennsylvania Opioid Data Dashboard
- A Grief Trajectory
- SAM: Smart Approaches to Marijuana, Preventing Another Big Tobacco