Welcome to the field of prevention! Here are a few things you can do to get started:
- Bookmark reliable websites such as the ones below as "favorites" so you can visit them again whenever you need information.
- While on the website, sign up for newsletters to get trustworthy information delivered to you on a regular basis.
- Follow CPA on Facebook to get daily US and PA news relevant to the field of prevention.
- Attend a regional meeting to network with other prevention professionals in your local area.
- Attend the annual CPA conference in June in State College, PA.
Check out the following web sites for more information regarding prevention, intervention, and treatment:
- Bennet Pierce Prevention Research Center
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA)
- County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania (CCAP)
- Drug Free Workplace PA
- Evidence Based Prevention & Intervention Support Center (EPIS)
- Institute for Research, Education & Training on Addictions (IRETA)
- National Family Partnership
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP)
- Operation Prevention
- Pennsylvania Association of County Drug and Alcohol Administrators (PACDAA)
- Partnership for Drug Free Kids
- Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD)
- Pennsylvania Department of Drug & Alcohol Programs (DDAP)
- Prevention Point Philadelphia
- Prevention Point Pittsburgh
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Society For Prevention Research
- Treatment Research Institute
- University of Pittsburgh Program Evaluation & Research Unit (Overdose Free PA)
Resources Suggested by Our Members
Here are more websites suggested by CPA members around the Commonwealth :
ATTENTION CPA Members: Please know our system for managing membership is in transition. You should receive an email soon with a link to our new management system. Thank you in advance for your patience though this transition.