The Prevention & Public Health Push Against Big Marijuana
Speaker - Dr. Aaron Weiner
Dr. Weiner (Illinois), is a licensed, board-certified psychologist and master addiction counselor, clinician, author, and frequent speaker on addiction treatment and issues.
Please click the button below to view Dr. Weiner's presentation with the question and answer segment.
(Presentation is from Thursday, October 29th, 2020)
Commercialized recreational markets for marijuana have been legalized in 11 states and Washington, D.C., and the marijuana industry continues their push for profits with Pennsylvania in their crosshairs. Join Dr. Aaron Weiner to discuss the many public misconceptions surrounding marijuana and drug policy potions, his experiences with the marijuana industry push in Illinois, and strategies for drug prevention and youth messaging in an unprecedented era of marijuana industry influence.
MARIJUANA SPECIFIC RESOURCES
CPA, keeping in line with our mission and vision, is against the legalization of recreational marijuana in PA. This stance is in support of the youth and next generation of residents. As an organization whose founding principles are on drug use prevention, it is clear that legalization of marijuana reduces harm perception, increases accessibility and presents a clear and present danger to the youth of the Commonwealth.
VIDEO & PODCAST RESOURCES:
- The Latest Marijuana Research with Dr. Bertha Madras
- Malcom Gladwell is not a fan of Legalizing Marijuana
- Marijuana Withdrawal Symptoms and Side Effects
- Marijuana Risks: Build a Brain
- Marijuana-Is it safe during pregnancy or breatsfeeding
- Marijuana Risks: Virtual Assistant
- Surgeon General Advisory August 29, 2019
- Marijuana-Is it safe during pregnancy?
- Marijuana Risks - Virtual Assistant
- House Bill 50: Legalization of Marijuana in PA
- Economic and Social Costs of Legalized Marijuana
- The Legalization of Marijuana in Colorado The Impact:
- 2019 Public Opinion Survey of United States Registered Voters, Attitudes on Marijuana Policy
- Quick Fact Sheets
- Marijuana - The Risks are Real
- ASAM Marijuana Talking Points