Help Us Promote Prevention in YOUR Community
To kick off the National Prevention Week initiative, CPA and our state partners are hosting a press conference on May 9th, in Harrisburg, with speakers from DDAP, PCCD, and PDE.
1. Collaborate with CPA to hold a press conference in your community
CPA would like to work with PA organizations and coalitions to promote local prevention events and programs during National Prevention Week*, from May 8-14, 2022.
- The goal of the press conference is to promote and prioritize prevention programming with community members and decision-makers.
2. Rest assured, we'll handle the bulk of the duties.
- We will manage the logistical details of the press conference and be present to facilitate.
- To stage a successful event, we will need your help and support in a few areas.
Please review the responsibilities of CPA and your organization or coalition.
3. Who, When, Where, When, & How
To help promote prevention in your community, our goal is to work with you to host one press conference in each of the following CPA regions:
- CPA region 1 (SE PA): on Tuesday, May 10th or Wednesday, May 11th
- CPA region 2 (NE PA): on Tuesday, May 10th or Wednesday, May 11th
- CPA region 4 (Western PA): on Thursday, May 12 or Friday, May 13th
If interested in discussing in more detail, please submit your information at the following link, by Friday, February 25th: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PWpressconference
4. Press Conference Topic Areas
- The effectiveness of local prevention initiatives, programs, events, and PAYS data.
- Re-imagining and prioritizing upstream (primary) prevention.
- The importance of prevention across multiple systems and sectors.
- ....... Review all potential topics/speaker talking points here.
5. What's in it for YOU
As the host of a press conference, you'll receive one complimentary billboard in your community and our brand new Prevention Happens Here banner emblazoned with your organization or coalition's logo! (see sample below)
6. Full Press Conference Information
- Please click the button below to review all the press conference details including the goals, CPA and organization or coalition responsibilities, etc.
Submit Your Information
- If interested in learning more, please click the button below and complete the short form by Friday, February 25th. By completing this form you're just expressing interest and aren't obligated.
Complimentary Billboard and Banner (sample only)
Prevention Week is a campaign dedicated to increasing the prevention of substance use and promotion of mental health by advancing prevention year-round. The week-long PA Prevention Week observance brings individuals, organizations, coalitions, states, and communities together to celebrate and recognize Prevention efforts.
- Highlight the importance of Primary Prevention
- Showcase the usefulness of the PAYS Survey and data-driven decision-making
- Discuss the impacts of prevention efforts in our communities by Single County Authorities and Coalitions across the commonwealth.
Who Gets Involved in Prevention Week
Community-based organizations, schools, community leaders, and behavioral health coalitions are the primary hosts of local Prevention Week Virtual Events. However, everyone can take part in and plan events tailored towards your community.
Remember, as a Single County Authority or Prevention Coalition it’s beneficial to include anyone that touches prevention in your planning and promotion for virtual events, such as those involved in law enforcement, the medical community, faith-based institutions and organizations, and the military community.
We all have a role to play in prevention, and a powerful perspective to bring to the table.
The NEED for Prevention is NOW!
2021 Expanded Toolkit
There are so many resources to help your organization celebrate and promote Prevention Week, we created a new page for them. Go to the TOOLKIT page for printable signs, letters to legislators, op-ed templates, ZOOM backgrounds, e-mail signatures, social media memes, posts, frames, covers, and more!
Call for YOUR Videos and Selfies
We need YOU to participate in this year's video and selfie compilation! So, get out those cell phones and record a short video or take a selfie!
Go get one of the new 2021 Prevention Week Signs for your video/selfie on our Expanded Toolkit Page.
BOOM Creative recorded a TUTORIAL showing how to place your logo or name into one of the Prevention Week signs (for free!).
You can send your video or image to us using one of the following options:
- Upload your video or selfie in this Dropbox Link
- Text it to Jeff, at 724-977-2781
View a video tutorial of the themes for the 2021 campaign.
View the video highlights reel from the 2020 submissions.
BOOM will combine these videos into a short series to premiere on social media during Prevention Week.
Go Get New Memes and Use Them!
Over on the new Toolkit Page, we've created Memes for you to use!
Starting with Alcohol Awareness month, share these custom memes on various social media platforms! HERE
Request a Proclamation for Prevention Week For YOUR County
Each year, County Commissioners award a wide range of official proclamations recognizing individual achievements, initiatives or events like Prevention Week.
Typically, organizations interested in receiving a proclamation should reach out to their County Commissioners' office with their requests as early as possible.
Some offices may use their own proclamation process forms, but it's still a great idea to send along a completed outline with your request that makes it easy for them to convert the information into their standard format.
The Commissioner's office will consider the request and hopefully reach out to your organization for more information.
To get you started, HERE is a downloadable template for requesting a Prevention Week proclamation in your county. Print it. Fill it out. Send it to your County Commissioner's office!