Project Coordinator for the PaStart & PaStop
Statewide Media Campaigns
This request for proposal (RFP) is issued by the Commonwealth Prevention Alliance (hereinafter “CPA”). The purpose of this RFP is to establish a contract with a qualified project coordinator beginning approximately November 2021, to assist CPA in organizing, planning, and implementing two developed statewide media campaigns. A successful candidate (or organization) will have excellent communication skills, be organized, maintain and develop positive relationships, and be willing to work with a small team and on their own. The project coordinator's main duties include keeping a workflow, organizing and participating in shareholder meetings, ensuring all deadlines for projects are met, and assisting with the Pennsylvania Prevention Week initiative.
CPA is committed to media campaigns that are reflective of the diverse communities we serve throughout the state of Pennsylvania. As an equal opportunity organization with a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB), we will proudly consider all qualified applicants.
All questions should be submitted to Jeff Hanley, at email@example.com.
The maximum allotted dollar amount for this contracted position is $27,500. Please highlight your project coordinator experience while addressing the details below. All applicants should submit the following information:
- Organization/individual name and number of staff assigned to this event.
- Organization address and contact. Please include the principal (staff member assigned to this event) name and contact information.
- Very brief description of project coordinator work history (can include samples of relevant work).
- Description of your services offered; demonstrate you have the workload capacity to complete the deliverables (listed below).
- A brief description of how the applicant can contribute to CPA’s development of a diverse and inclusive campaign(s).
- Please include a budget summary that includes all of your anticipated costs and fees associated with coordinating and executing the campaigns.
- Two professional references (their name, organization, contact information including an email address).
- If coordinating other projects, please address any conflict of interest related to those events and CPA.
- All submissions can be emailed to Jeff Hanley, firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROJECT COORDINATOR DELIVERABLES
Communication skills are very important as the coordinator will serve as the central point of contact for both the PA Start and PA Stop campaigns. Other project deliverables include:
- Assist with the 3rd annual PA Prevention Week campaign (May 2022).
- Work with the CPA executive director and campaign consultants to develop campaign timelines.
- According to the campaign goals and objectives, work with the executive director and campaign consultants to separate objectives/activities into doable actions and set time frames.
- Supervise current projects and coordinate all team members to keep workflow on track.
- Assign tasks to committee members and ensure completion of assigned tasks.
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise.
- Work with the executive director to eliminate barriers to the success of the campaigns.
- Market the campaigns as necessary.
- In coordination with the executive director, use tools to monitor working hours, plans, and expenditures for all campaign consultants.
- Create and maintain comprehensive campaign documentation, plans, and reports as indicated.
- Manage campaign-related paperwork by ensuring all necessary materials are current, properly filed, and stored in an online established document storage system (currently Google Drive & Trello).
- Direct campaign correspondences by preparing and reviewing campaign proposals, memos, meeting minutes, and emails.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations, and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and CPA’s policies and procedures.
- Keeping the lines of communication open between all parties in the workgroup to keep concept and product development moving forward
- Liability Insurance is required if selected as a consultant.
MEDIA CAMPAIGNS DESCRIPTION
CPA, in coordination with invested state prevention partners, has developed and implemented two statewide media campaigns. The goal of these campaigns is to provide resources and support to prevention professionals across Pennsylvania to support community prevention/intervention efforts and help them promote local programs, initiatives, and other prevention efforts.
The PA Stop Media Campaign
- Currently, in its 7th year, this campaign is designed to educate, create resources, and empower prevention professionals with research-based messaging to support their overdose prevention efforts, with a focus on opioids. More details can be found at www.pastop.org.
The PA Start Media Campaign
- Currently, in its 2nd year, this campaign is focused on primary prevention – to prevent substance use disorder and mental health issues before they begin. PA Start is about building healthy, capable children. Meeting developmental needs while providing the right guidance to achieve is a delicate balancing act. More details can be found at www.pastart.org.
- Priority Deadline: Oct. 31, 2021, 4:00 p.m. ET (CPA reserves the right to extend the deadline)
- Projected Dates: November 2021 – September 29, 2022
- Maximum Contracted Fee: $27,500
- Purpose: To assist the executive director & campaign consultants in effectively managing and promoting the campaigns to prevention organizations across the commonwealth.
- Works with: CPA executive director, campaign consultant team, and prevention organizations/coalitions across PA
FULL RFP & OTHER DETAILS
To download the entire RFP with the job description, timelines, and all details including the submission process, please click the button below.
Request for Proposal for a 2022 Conference Coordinator
The purpose of this RFP is to establish a contract with a qualified conference coordinator beginning in November 2021 to execute a successful conference, to be held Tuesday, June 21 through Thursday, June 23, 2022, in State College, Pennsylvania. A successful candidate (or organization) will be detail-oriented, organized, maintain and develop relationships, and be motivated to execute a successful conference. Part of the preparation includes attending or calling into conference planning meetings monthly, venue contact and collaboration, engagement with speakers/presenters, conference registration production in approved software application, and implementing and analyzing overall event logistics. This also includes attending the full conference from Monday afternoon till the end of the week.
CPA is committed to offering a conference and contracting with qualified project coordinators that are reflective of the diverse communities we serve throughout the state of Pennsylvania. As an equal opportunity organization with a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB), we will proudly consider all qualified applicants.
For all details, descriptions, and submission instructions, please click the RFP button below.